An Assortment of Random Stuff

You never know when some little bit of knowledge is going to be of use...

Sunday, August 01, 2004

My Photoshop would not start. I'm like a duck out of the water without my Photoshop.
It was not erroring, just crashing.

I opened Image Ready, to see if it would start. It did. Then I did a jump to Photoshop from Image Ready. I was very patient. About 5 minutes after I clicked it, and while I sat there looking at another 'crash,' finally I got an error message. Adobe Photoshop CS cannot start Failure to Load Pano12.dll .

Pano12.dll is a file that is used for panoramas. I found a copy of pano12.dll by downloading panotools, which is open source.

I made a shortcut on my desktop that went to system32/regserv32.dll. I put the pano12.dll into my windows/system32 directory, then drug it over to the new shortcut on my desktop.

Adobe now opens without any problem, and I didn't have to reinstall the software.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home